Saturday, January 9, 2010

Trac, bugs, forum and t-shirts

Actually, trac is not completely working. It's better than before, we can commit but now we can't see them in the timeline and also the source browser is not working anymore.
I tried to debug a few days ago but I haven't found why it doesn't work. The path to the svn repository is correct, permissions of trac and on the filesystem are correct so I'm a bit out of ideas.

About the commits, I updated to 1.0 and tagged it and also committed a few patches to fix bugs:
- Client first seen and last seen in kismet netxml file
- Compilation on cygwin 1.7
- OSX patch: Ticket 653: Tap support for Darwin/OS X
- Other small things

The next bugs I'll take care of are:
- Ticket 704: Fix broadcast and multicast detection in aircrack-ng: it still require some work.
- Ticket 498: Aircrack-ng does not support dictionaries over 2Gb
- I'd like to fix another compilation bug on OSX (Ticket 687) but I don't have access to any Mac so if anyone could give me an access to a mac with Darwin and another with Leopard, that's great :). If anybody is getting rid of a Mac with darwin/leopard, we are really interested.
- Ticket 713: Invalid channel parsed from packets with mac80211 drivers

I haven't chosen the other bugs yet, but I still have in mind that WPA handshake detection has to be fixed/enhanced and I remember a bug with airbase-ng not giving the Information Elements in the right order.


There are a few interesting programs and scripts in the forum, and I'd like to give them more visibility (and even small scripts). What are your ideas/opinion about it?


I haven't forgotten the t-shirts. They will be there soon. I might do a few with the new logo for Shmoocon.



Edit (16 Jan 2010): Added one more bug to the list

1 comment:

  1. I went and posted an improved patch for Ticket 687 -- you're not going to find anyone with a Mac that runs "Darwin", because it's no longer alive as something you can install. Instead, whenever you see someone mention Darwin, mentally replace that with "OS X" :)

    It compiles just fine for me on SnowLeopard, FWIW.

    ReplyDelete